Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tenor Love

Alright, it's confession time.

It's not so much a guilty pleasure because I don't feel guilty about it, but moreso something that I take great delight in... and that's listening to tenors sing. Granted, not all tenors. There are some strained tenor voices which make my skin crawl, but when they're good... oh, they're good. There's just something about the smooth and romantic texture of tenor voices that makes me melt. It's actually a bit frightening how much power tenors have over women with their voices in general, but alas, that is the source of their power. In reality, it's not exclusive to tenors only since it's startling how most men become instantly attractive once they're performing. If they weren't particularly attractive before, they are suddenly captivating. If they were attractive before, they're downright irresistible. Unfortunate for women really, since I don't believe that women muster the same level of infatuation as a majority.

Thus, it's nice that I get to indulge in my tenor listening tendencies within Pro Coro. Starting tomorrow there's a full tenor section and a killer tenor soloist, Derek Chester, singing the role of the Evangelist for our performance of Bach's St. John's Passion this Friday.

*melt*

Until next time readers!

No comments: